Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:24:14 -0500

739 
FZPN01 KWBC 011624
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON NOV 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N144W 951 MB MOVING N 15 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 300 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 48 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 53N166E TO 36N180W TO 33N160W 
TO 38N140W TO 50N126W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N148W 982 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1140 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.WITHIN 180 NM N OF A LINE FROM 40N160E TO 38N165E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 720 NM E AND NE OF A LINE FROM 59N180W 
TO 31N170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
38N164W. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N145W 985 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 974 MB 974 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 129W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 300 NM N OF A FRONT FROM 40N160E TO 31N169E WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A FRONT FROM 49N160E TO 
42N174E WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 36N180W TO 54N169E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A FRONT FROM 56173E TO 
52N178E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 35N170W TO 59N180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 50N126W TO 42N150W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A FRONT 
FROM 42N150W TO 40N140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N149W 1000 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N158W 1004 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 660 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT WITH N TO NW SWELL. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 37N TO 48N W OF 170E. 
.48 HOUR DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 52N BETWEEN 176W AND 164E. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 129W AND 143W. 

.HIGH 32N126W 1026 MB MOVING N 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N126W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 42N171E 1033 MB MOVING SE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N178W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N176W 1032 MB. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 03.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 26N WITHIN 90 NM W OF BAJA COAST NW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

. FROM 11N TO 21N BETWEEN 122W AND 136W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 23N W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 24N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 11N TO 17N BETWEEN 118W AND 
125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. S OF 11N BETWEEN 105W AND 120W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL. W OF LINE FROM 
30N131W TO 24N134W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 19 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW PART.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NW OF LINE FROM 27N140W TO 30N136W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 
FROM 09N140W TO 11N127W TO 30N115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL.

.06 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 24N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 FT FROM 25N TO 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 FT FROM 27N TO 28N.

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 95N BETWEEN 94W AND 95W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF LINE FROM 16N95W 
TO 13N95W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC MON NOV 01...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 07N94W TO 
11N112W TO 07N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION NOTED. 

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.