Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 13:31:41 -0500

723 
ATHW40 PHFO 011831
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC MON NOV 1 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 1 2010

THE MOST NOTICEABLE CLOUD FEATURE IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC IS A 
90 TO 120 MILE WIDE BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS NORTH OF A 
LINE FROM 35N140W TO 29N160W TO 26N180W. THIS CLOUD BAND MARKS A 
FRONTAL BOUNDARY ASSOCIATED WITH A DEEP LOW IN THE GULF OF ALASKA. 
THE BAND IS MOVING TOWARD THE SOUTHEAST SLOWLY AND ITS LEADING EDGE 
IS ABOUT 460 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE ISLAND OF KAUAI WITHIN THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLAND CHAIN. 

WATER VAPOR SHOWS A SERIES OF UPPER TROUGHS AND RIDGES BETWEEN 10N 
AND 30N WEST OF THE ISLANDS...AND AN UPPER LOW NEAR 21N140W...EAST 
OF THE ISLANDS. A 120 MILE WIDE RAGGED ARC OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS 
LIES NORTH AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 26N155W TO 23N164W TO 
17N170W...RIDING ALONG THE NORTHWESTERN FLANK OF AN UPPER RIDGE 
ACROSS THE ISLANDS. 

SCATTERED CUMULONIMBUS...CB...REMAIN ACTIVE BETWEEN 08N AND 12N 
WEST OF 156W. THE NORTHERN EDGE OF ASSOCIATED HIGH CLOUDS REACHES AS 
FAR NORTH AS 15N BETWEEN 165W AND 175W. ADDITIONAL ISOLATED CB LIE 
WITHIN A 60 TO 90 MILE WIDE ARC FROM 12N151W TO 08N146W TO 09N140W. 

FIRST VISIBLE IMAGERY SHOWS AN AREA OF RAGGED BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW 
CLOUDS ACROSS WINDWARD HAWAIIAN WATERS...AFFECTING WINDWARD SHORES 
AND SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND...MAUI...MOLOKAI...OAHU AND KAUAI. ON 
OAHU...THESE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXTEND WEST ACROSS THE ENTIRE ISLAND. 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE LIMITED TO WINDWARD SLOPES OF KAUAI AND THE 
EASTERN TWO-THIRDS OF MOLOKAI. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER 
WINDWARD AND SOUTH-FACING HALEAKALA SLOPES ON MAUI AS WELL AS 
WINDWARD WEST SLOPES. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER SECTIONS OF MAUKA 
LANAI. ON THE BIG ISLAND...BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER 
WINDWARD SLOPES SOUTH OF LAUPAHOEHOE...WRAPPING SOUTHWEST ACROSS 
PUNA AND KAU DISTRICTS. ALL LEEWARD AREAS AND THE INTERIOR HAVE 
SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS TO CLEAR SKIES AT THIS HOUR. SATELLITE LOOP 
SHOWS LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS GENERALLY TOWARD 
THE WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

$$

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.