Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 16:47:24 -0500

850 
FZPN01 KWBC 012147
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON NOV 01 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 01. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 02. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 03. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 56N142W 951 MB MOVING N 15 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 180 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
480 NM OF CENTER EXCEPT WITHIN 900 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N150W 994 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW TO 57N134W WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.EXCEPT AS NOTED WITH LOW 56N142W ABOVE OVER FORECAST WATERS N 
OF A LINE FROM 53N168E TO 32N170W TO 35N150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N147W 1001 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 480 NM E AND NE OF A LINE FROM 60N178W TO 
30N170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
35N160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N145W 965 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 360 
NM NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
N OF 45N BETWEEN 53W AND 125W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 
FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.WITHIN 300 NM N OF A FRONT FROM 42N160E TO 37N165E WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 49N160E TO 
40N170E TO 33N169E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
51N163E TO 43N176E WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 56N173E TO 45N180W TO 35N180W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A FRONT FROM 56174E TO 
55N180W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF A 
LINE FROM 60N180W TO 50N173W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 46N125W TO 37N135W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N149W 1000 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 50N156E 978 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 780 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 170W AND 
170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N149W 998 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 780 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT 
WITH N TO NW SWELL...HIGHEST NEAR 50N130W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 42N W 
OF 165E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 51N W OF 175E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 56N BETWEEN 173W AND 
164E. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 125W AND 143W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 41N TO 55N BETWEEN 129W AND 
140W. 

.HIGH 37N124W 1027 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 34N129W BELOW.

.HIGH 32N127W 1026 MB MOVING NW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N129W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 45N171E 1033 MB MOVING SE 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N177W 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N175W 1031 MB. 

.FORECASTER MUSONDA. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON NOV 01.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 02.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED NOV 03.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

. FROM 12N TO 22N BETWEEN 122W AND 137W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 
TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 23N W OF 112W  
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 122W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  N OF 20N W OF 124W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS UP TO 20 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  NW OF LINE FROM 30N135W TO 27N140W  SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 16 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 
30N115W TO 13N120W TO 09N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 
17 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NW.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N  NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N  NW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 15N FROM 94W TO 95W INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC  N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 05N E OF 83W  SW WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON NOV 01...

SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 114W AND 121W.

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 10N85W TO 09N100W TO 
12N114W TO 07N134W TO 07N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM 
N OF AXIS E OF 98W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.