Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:45:09 -0500

410 
FZPN40 PHFO 012245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON NOV 01 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 01 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 02 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 03 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 27N170W THEN AS A SHEAR LINE TO 26N180W 
27N170E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT. SHEAR LINE MOVING S SLOWLY. NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF SHEAR LINE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 26N157W THEN SHEAR LINE 
TO 24N180W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 22N154W THEN SHEAR LINE TO 
21N160W.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 26N160W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 25N TO 27N BETWEEN 170W
AND 178E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 17N TO 25N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 178E.

.SEAS 12 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N145W TO 26N165W TO 29N173E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N143W TO 25N160W TO 
24N180W TO 14N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
21N140W TO 22N164W TO 30N170W. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 18N140W TO 13N170W TO 15N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 29N140W TO 
24N160W TO 30N167W. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
09N140W TO 05N165W TO 11N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 12N W OF 170E...AND FROM 18N TO 
25N W OF 170E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 10N160W TO 10N180W TO 09N174E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ W OF 157W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF 
ITCZ E OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.