Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 19:39:22 -0500

835 
ATHW40 PHFO 020039
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE NOV 2 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 2 2010

THE MOST NOTICEABLE CLOUD FEATURE IN THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC 
REMAINS A 90 TO 120 MILE WIDE BAND OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS 
NORTH OF A LINE FROM 37N140W TO 28N160W TO 25N180W. THIS CLOUD BAND 
MARKS A FRONTAL BOUNDARY ASSOCIATED WITH A DEEP LOW IN THE GULF OF 
ALASKA. THE BAND IS MOVING TOWARD THE SOUTHEAST AT 10 MPH AND ITS 
LEADING EDGE IS ABOUT 410 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE ISLAND OF KAUAI 
WITHIN THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLAND CHAIN. 

WATER VAPOR SHOWS A SERIES OF UPPER TROUGHS AND RIDGES BETWEEN 10N 
AND 30N WEST OF THE ISLANDS...AND AN UPPER LOW NEAR 21N140W...EAST 
OF THE ISLANDS. A 120 TO 180 MILE WIDE RAGGED ARC OF BROKEN HIGH 
CLOUDS LIES NORTH AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 26N152W TO 23N163W TO 
18N172W...RIDING ALONG THE NORTHWESTERN FLANK OF AN UPPER RIDGE 
ACROSS THE ISLANDS. 

SCATTERED CUMULONIMBUS...CB...REMAIN ACTIVE BETWEEN 08N AND 12N WEST 
OF 160W. THE NORTHERN EDGE OF ASSOCIATED HIGH CLOUDS REACHES AS FAR 
NORTH AS 16N BETWEEN 162W AND 176W. ADDITIONAL ISOLATED CB LIE 
WITHIN A 60 TO 90 MILE WIDE ARC FROM 08N149W TO 08N145W TO 09N140W. 

CLOUD COVER HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY ACROSS THE BIG ISLAND SINCE 
THIS MORNING...WITH BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVERING ALL BUT 
THE HIGHEST SUMMITS THIS AFTERNOON. KAUAI HAS BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
ACROSS ITS EASTERN HALF...WHILE BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER 
THE KOOLAU AND WAIANAE SUMMITS ON OAHU. ALMOST ALL OF MOLOKAI AND 
LANAI LIE BENEATH BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER ALL 
HALEAKALA AND WINDWARD WEST SLOPES ON MAUI...LEAVING ONLY THE SADDLE 
CLEAR. IN CONTRAST...THE AREA OF LOW CLOUDS ACROSS WINDWARD WATERS 
HAS MOSTLY DISSIPATED...LEAVING THE BIG ISLAND PLUME EXTENDING WEST 
FROM THE SOUTH KONA SHORELINE AS THE MOST PROMINENT LOCAL CLOUD 
FEATURE OVER WATER. SATELLITE LOOP SHOWS LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING 
ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS GENERALLY TOWARD THE WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH.

$$

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.