Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 23:03:44 -0500

536 
FZPN01 KWBC 020403
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE NOV 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.FROM 43N TO 48N W OF 165E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 49N W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW W OF AREA 53N163E 983 MB. WITHIN 180 
NM NE OF A FRONT FROM 53N167E TO 48N174E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 45N BETWEEN 180W AND 160E...AND 
WITHIN 300 NM S OF A LINE FROM 44N177E TO 38N160E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL W OF AREA. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE 
FROM 57N176E TO 54N175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.BETWEEN 160W AND 180W S OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS TO 33N AREA OF 
NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 38N163W 
WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N145W 993 MB. FROM 30N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 134W AND 149W...AND FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 154W AND 
178W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT WITH NW SWELL...HIGHEST 
NEAR 35N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N148W 963 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 360 NM 
NE...300 NM SE...240 NM SW...AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 
55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 50N BETWEEN 128W AND 
162W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT...EXCEPT N OF THE 
ALEUTIANS SEAS TO 11 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 51N161E 978 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 38N TO 52N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 58N145W 965 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 240 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE 840 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 31 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 52N136W WITH W SWELL. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM 
SW QUADRANT AND FROM 37N TO 48N BETWEEN 145W AND 160W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 25 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. N OF 50N BETWEEN 128W AND 
147W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT WITH SW SWELL. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.ACROSS THE BERING SEA BETWEEN 170W AND 172E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N160W 1001 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 
480 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 46N136W 995 MB. FROM 34N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 129W AND 140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 167W AND 180W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.N OF 64N E OF 172W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 64N E OF 169W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 64N E OF 170W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 45N W 
OF 167E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 177E AND 
165E...AND FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 130W AND 144W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 58N BETWEEN 170W AND 
170E...AND FROM 43N TO 52N BETWEEN 129W AND 135W.

.HIGH 40N124W 1030 MB MOVING NE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH WELL INLAND.

.HIGH 32N130W 1027 MB MOVING NE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N129W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N127W 1020 MB.

.HIGH 40N177E 1034 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N176W 1032 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N176W 1030 MB.

.HIGH 50N170E 1030 MB MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N176W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE NOV 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 04.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 13N TO 24N BETWEEN 120W AND 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 23N W OF 112W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 16N W OF 118W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 16N W OF 124W  WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT.  SEAS UP TO 20 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  NW OF LINE FROM 30N135W TO 27N140W  SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS 16 FT IN NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 
30N115W TO 13N120W TO 09N140W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 
15 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NW.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N  NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N  NW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 15N FROM 94W TO 95W  INCLUDING GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC  N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 05N E OF 83W  SW WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 88W  SW WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 8 FT. 

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE NOV 02...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 11N86W TO 09N96W TO 
11N117W TO 07N135W TO 07N140W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM 
N OF AXIS E OF 97W AND 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 115W TO 129W.

$$
FORECASTER WALLY BARNES

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.