Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 23:45:13 -0500

250 
FZPN40 PHFO 020445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE NOV 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N154W TO 276170W THEN SHEAR LINE TO 25N180W TO
27N170E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT. SHEAR LINE MOVING S SLOWLY. NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM N OF SHEAR LINE BETWEEN 174W AND 
175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 24N158W THEN SHEAR LINE 
TO 23N180W. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 21N153W THEN SHEAR LINE TO 
18N165W.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 26N157W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 22N TO 26N BETWEEN 166W
AND 174E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 17N TO 24N BETWEEN 165W 
AND 178E.

.SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N144W TO 27N160W TO 30N168W. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N141W TO 24N160W TO 
25N180W TO 28N171E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
29N140W TO 22N160W TO 22N175E TO 15N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT N OF A LINE FROM 21N140W TO 
20N154W TO 30N170W. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 12N AND E OF 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 21 FT N OF A LINE FROM 29N140W TO 
23N160W TO 30N166W. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT N OF 04N...EXCEPT 8 FT OR LESS N 
OF A LINE FROM 30N180E TO 20N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REST OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 06N TO 12N W OF 170E...AND FROM 18N TO 
25N W OF 170E.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 10N160W TO 10N180W TO 09N160E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 160W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.