Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 04:47:16 -0500

280 
FZPN01 KWBC 020946
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE NOV 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 47N160E TO 43N170E. WITHIN 180 NM N AND NE 
OF THE FRONT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 34N175E TO 45N173E TO 52N166E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 55N165E 982 MB. N OF 53N 
BETWEEN 176E AND 171E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 45N TO 59N W OF 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. FRONT TO EXTEND 58N177E 
TO 54N170W. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 37N155W 1010 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT...FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 160W AND 
175W...AND S OF THE ALEUTIANS TO 41N BETWEEN 163W AND 180W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N144W 983 MB. WITHIN 660 NM NE QUADRANT 
AND 360 NM W SEMICIRCLE...FROM 30N TO 47N BETWEEN 133W AND 
144W...AND FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 148W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 33N156W WITH NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N146W 961 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
SEMICIRCLES...AND 180 NM N AND NE OF A FRONT FROM 57N147W TO 
56N141W TO 53N135W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 26 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N148W 960 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM 
SE...540 NM SW...AND 480 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT N OF THE ALEUTIANS SEAS TO 11 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N168E 980 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
38N TO 52N W OF 177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 59N147W 974 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 840 NM SE AND 300 NM 
SW QUADRANTS AND 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 51N132W WITH W TO SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.N OF THE ALEUTIANS BETWEEN 166W AND 176E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N160W 1005 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM SW AND BETWEEN 240 NM AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N135W 995 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
17 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED WITH LOW 59N147W IN WARNINGS SECTION 
ABOVE FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 147W AND 156W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 20 TO 24 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM S OF A LINE FROM 42N170E TO 
38N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED INTO LOW 51N168E DESCRIBED 
IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.N OF 63N E OF 169W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N E OF 169W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 47N W 
OF 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 176W AND 
163E...AND FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 130W AND 143W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 165W AND 
175E...AND FROM 47N TO 53N BETWEEN 130W AND 136W.

.HIGH 35N129W 1029 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N128W 1024 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N128W 1020 MB.

.HIGH 49N174E 1030 MB MOVING SE 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 38N180W 1032 MB MOVING SE 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N177W 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N175W 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE NOV 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 04.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 23N W OF 115W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. N OF 23N E OF 115W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 12N121W 1010 MB. WITHIN 90 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FORM 
20N118W TO 12N130W TO 12N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
17 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NEAR 13N124W 1009 MB. WITHIN 60 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF 
LINE FROM 30N136W TO 27N140W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 13 TO 15 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 27N114W TO 12N117W TO 
05N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW 
SWELL...HIGHEST NW.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 26N NW WINDS 20  
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 03N TO 10N BETWEEN 100W AND 125W SE TO S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECASTS WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 09N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 10N E OF 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.

.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N94W 
INCLUDING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N95W N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE NOV 02...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 10N85W TO 11N92W TO 
08N103W TO 12N115W TO 08N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED 
STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W TO 130W.

SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST FROM NW 
COSTA RICA TO EL SALVADOR.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.