Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 05:47:34 -0500

584 
FZPN40 PHFO 021047
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE NOV 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N153W TO 26N161W THENCE A SHEAR LINE TO 25N180E 
TO 27N170E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 10 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING S 
SLOWLY.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM N OF THE SHEAR LINE BETWEEN 
173W AND 177E.
.COLD FRONT FROM 30N146W TO 24N154W THENCE A DISSIPATING SHEAR LINE 
TO 22N171W TO 23N175E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 141W AND 
153W.  SEE WIND SECTION BELOW FOR DETAILS OF WIND ASSOCIATED WITH 
THE DISSIPATING SHEAR LINE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 22N150W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 25N160W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 27N157W TO 
22N170W TO 20N175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 17N AND 24N BOUNDED BY 
160W AND 175E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 24N150W TO 24N157W TO 
30N162W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
21N150W TO 20N170W TO 24N174E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REMAINING AREA N OF 
A LINE FROM 10N160E TO 20N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N142W TO 
26N159W TO 30N164W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
14N140W TO 12N166W TO 22N178E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REMAINING AREA N OF 
A LINE FROM 11N160E TO 05N170W TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N164W TO 
21N178E TO 15N170W TO 11N140W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 10N W OF 
174E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N151W TO 11N165W TO 09N172E TO 06N160E. 
ISOLATED STRONG TSTMS BETWEEN 06N AND 11N W OF 178W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.