Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 11:36:51 -0500

332 
FZPN01 KWBC 021636 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE NOV 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 48N160E TO 37N177E. WITHIN 240 NM NE OF THE 
FRONT W OF 173E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 35N W OF 177E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 56N167E 979 MB. WITHIN 420 
NM E QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 45N W OF 175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 53N178E BELOW.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 39N150W 1005 MB MOVING NE 25 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 63N174W TO 50N173W TO 
34N160W TO 39N143W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 TO 26 FT WITH W TO 
NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N143W 981 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE AND 1020 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 30N BETWEEN 126W TO 164W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 32N153W.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N146W 963 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF LOW 
CENTER WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST SE OF LOW 
CENTER.
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ALSO WITHIN 900 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N148W 964 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM SE 
AND 660 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT...EXCEPT N OF THE ALEUTIANS...SEAS TO 11 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N137W 997 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N134W 995 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 40N E OF 
135W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N178E 976 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 720 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
35N TO 60N W OF 162W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N135W 995 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
17 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 61N147W 983 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. N OF 40N BETWEEN 127W AND 
155W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 50N132W WITH 
W TO SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 420 NM S OF A LINE FROM 43N177W TO 
43N170E TO 38N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 53N178E IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.N OF 63N E OF 167W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 48N W 
OF 174E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 175W AND 
165E AND FROM 42N TO 54N BETWEEN 130W AND 143W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 52N BETWEEN 165W AND 
178W. 

.HIGH 36N126W 1028 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N128W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 37N179W 1034 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N179W 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N170W 1029 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE NOV 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 04.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13.5N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.NW OF LINE 30N130W TO 23N135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
20 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL WITH HIGHEST SEAS AT 30N140W. N OF 
28N BETWEEN 120W AND 125W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 10N TO 
23N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NE AND NW CROSS 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 135W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 29N115W TO 08N130W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N136W TO 26N140W. W OF FRONT N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 15 TO 18 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W 
OF LINE 22N110W TO 00N130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 03N TO 10N BETWEEN 100W AND 125W SE TO S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 78W AND 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 78W AND 105W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 60 NM LINE 
16N94.5W TO 13N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM LINE 
16N94.5W TO 10N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.  

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC TUE NOV 02...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 11N85W TO 11N95W TO 
09N103W TO 11N118W TO 07N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 30 NM LINE 09N94W TO 12N90W AND WITHIN 120 NM 
OF 10N95W...AND WITHIN 60 NM LINE 14N117W TO 10N121W TO 09N127W 
TO 10N132W.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.