Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 11:45:06 -0500

051 
FZPN40 PHFO 021645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE NOV 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 27N156W TO 26N161W THENCE A SHEAR LINE 
TO 24N177W TO 25N173E.  COLD FRONT MOVING E 20 KT...SHEAR LINE 
MOVING S SLOWLY.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 150 NM N OF THE SHEAR 
LINE BETWEEN 170W AND 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 25N150W TO 22N155W. 
SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N E OF 153W.
SEE WIND SECTION BELOW FOR DETAILS OF WIND ASSOCIATED WITH THE 
DISSIPATED SHEAR LINE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 21N149W.  ASSOCIATED WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 24N155W TO 25N160W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE FROM 23N166W TO 
19N176W TO 20N174E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT BETWEEN 18N AND 24N BOUNDED BY 
160W AND 180E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 18 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 24N150W TO 24N157W TO 
30N162W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
21N150W TO 20N170W TO 24N174E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REMAINING AREA N OF 
A LINE FROM 10N160E TO 20N140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N142W TO 
26N159W TO 30N164W.  SEAS 12 TO 18 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
14N140W TO 12N166W TO 22N178E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REMAINING AREA N OF 
A LINE FROM 11N160E TO 05N170W TO 10N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N164W TO 
21N178E TO 15N170W TO 11N140W.  SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF 10N W OF 
174E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF AREA.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N150W TO 11N165W TO 10N177E TO 07N160E. 
SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS BETWEEN 07N AND 11N BOUNDED BY 163E AND 
169E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 06N AND 11N W OF 
177E.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 177E.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.