Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 16:48:02 -0500

566 
FZPN01 KWBC 022147
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE NOV 02 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 02. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 03. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 04. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 51N163E TO 37N180W. WITHIN 240 NM NE OF THE 
FRONT W OF 177E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 35N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 57N167E 980 MB. N OF 50N W 
OF 172W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 53N178E BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 40N148W 995 MB MOVING N 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 63N173W TO 45N166W TO 
34N157W TO 40N140W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 15 TO 26 FT WITH W TO 
NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N144W 966 MB. WITHIN 420 NM LOW 
CENTER...EXCEPT WITHIN 480 NM NE QUADRANT...WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST SE OF LOW CENTER. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
600 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 660 NM SE...720 NM W AND 1260 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST INLAND LOW 60N150W 967 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 60N BETWEEN 130W AND 156W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 IN MIXED SWELL.

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 49N157E 979 MB. WITHIN 720 NM SW 
OF A LINE FROM 50N160E TO 44N178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
18 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N174E 979 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N178E 978 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 28...HIGHEST SW OF LOW CENTER. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 35N TO 60N W OF 156W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N138W 1001 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED INLAND AND DISSIPATED. N OF 40N E OF 
130W S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.NE OF A LINE FROM 57N156W TO 40N136W TO 30N133W WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 48N127W WITH W TO SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 51N144W IN 
WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.N OF 63N E OF 167W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 175E AND 162E AND WITHIN 240 NM OF 42N138W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 172W AND 
165E AND WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 54N145W TO 45N133W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 158W AND 
171W. 

.HIGH 39N128W 1030 MB MOVING S 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N127W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 34N178W 1032 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE SE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N166W 1028 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE NOV 02.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED NOV 03.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU NOV 04.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 20N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 20 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL WITH HIGHEST SEAS AT 30N140W. N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 125W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. FROM 10N TO 20N 
W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 135W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 13 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. FROM 10N 
TO 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15FT IN MIXED 
NE AND NW SWELL. HIGHEST SEAS W OF 130W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N135W TO 26N140W. W OF FRONT N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 14 TO 16 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N 
OF 10N W OF 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 115W AND 125W SE TO S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NW AND S SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 100W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
PRIMARILY NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FROM 06N TO 10N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 78W AND 
90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 78W AND 105W S 
TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N94.5W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 60 NM LINE 
16N94.5W TO 12N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM LINE 
16N94.5W TO 10N97 INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.  

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE NOV 02...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 09N110W TO  
11N119W TO 08N130W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 119W AND 125W. 

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.