Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 17:45:12 -0500

531 
FZPN40 PHFO 022245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE NOV 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 27N155W TO 25N164W THENCE A SHEAR LINE 
TO 24N174W. COLD FRONT MOVING SE 20 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING S 
SLOWLY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N140W TO 27N150W TO 
27N160W TO 30N165W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N143W TO 25N150W TO 22N160W. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N E OF 152W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 20N155W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 24N154W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170W TO 27N162W MOVING E 20 KT.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 18N TO 25N BETWEEN 170E AND 175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 16N TO 25N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 12N TO 23N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 178W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 14N160W TO 14N170W TO 
20N175E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 14N140W TO 
10N150W TO 10N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 09N140W TO 
08N160W TO 08N170W TO 20N175E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 04N140W TO 04N180W TO 10N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT E OF A LINE FROM 07N170W TO 
20N180W TO 30N165W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 
00N175E TO 10N160E 30N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF 23N162E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N150W TO 10N170W TO 10N180E TO 09N160E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 170E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.