Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 19:18:29 -0500

641 
ATHW40 PHFO 030018
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC WED NOV 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 03 2010

A DIFFUSE FRONTAL CLOUD BAND STRADDLED THE AREA JUST NORTH OF THE 
ISLANDS THIS AFTERNOON.  THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF THIS 75 TO 100 MILES 
WIDE CLOUD BAND STRETCHED THROUGH 30N 147W TO 28N 150W...PASSING 100 
MILES NORTH OF KAUAI NEAR 24N 160W AND CONTINUING TO 22N 170W.  THE 
BAND CONSISTED OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW TO MID LEVEL CLOUDS SOUTH 
OF 30N LATITUDE.  THAT PART OF THE BAND JUST NORTH OF KAUAI WAS 
MOVING SOUTH NEAR 10 MILES AN HOUR.  

BETWEEN 150W AND 170W THE BAND HAD SHRUNK SINCE THIS MORNING WHEN IT 
WAS ABOUT 180 MILES WIDE.  WEST OF 170W LONGITUDE...THE CLOUD BAND 
WAS FALLING APART.  THE ACTIVE PART OF THE FRONTAL BAND NORTHEAST OF 
THE STATE BEYOND 30N LATITUDE CONTAINED BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED 
CLOUDS ALONG WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.  THE THUNDERSTORMS WERE 
FORMING MAINLY BETWEEN 30N 147W AND 36N 143W. 

SOUTH OF THE FRONT...ONLY A FEW PATCHES OF SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WERE 
STREWN ABOUT THE AREA IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING THE STATE.  AT 2 PM... 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS WERE GATHERED ALONG THE KAU AND KONA 
SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND.  A FEW BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WERE NOTED OVER 
THE SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST SIDES OF OAHU...LANAI AND KAUAI AS WELL AS 
OVER SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST PARTS OF MAUI.  THE REST OF THE STATE WAS 
MOSTLY SUNNY.  THE LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE KAUAI END OF THE ISLAND CHAIN 
WERE DRIFTING SLOWLY SOUTH.  THOSE NEAR THE BIG ISLAND WERE DRIFTING 
TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 20N 176W MOVING 
WEST NEAR 25 MILES AN HOUR.  THIS UPPER LOW WAS GENERATING A SWATH 
OF CIRRUS CLOUDS IN THE AREA MAINLY BETWEEN 160W AND 175W FROM 10N 
TO 22N LATITUDES.  A FEW...THIN STRANDS OF CIRRUS WERE FLOWING EAST 
OUT OF THIS REGION OVER THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. 
 
$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.