Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 21:31:40 -0500

200 
ATPQ40 PGUM 030231
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST WED NOV 3 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A STATIONARY FRONT STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N145E TO BEYOND 
130E AT 18N. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP 
TO 75 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE FRONT.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM NEAR YAP AT 9N139E TO 
NEAR SAIPAN AT 17N146E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE PRESENT NEAR YAP WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 9N138E TO 
13N141E AND ALSO ACROSS THE MARIANA ISLANDS BETWEEN 11N AND 16N FROM 
144E TO 152E.

LOW-LEVEL CONVERGENCE NEAR THE EQUATOR IS CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS SOUTH OF KOROR WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 5N135E TO 3N130E.

UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW CENTERED 
NORTHWEST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 24N161E IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS 
AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN 13N AND 19N FROM 161E TO 168E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS BETWEEN CHUUK AND POHNPEI WITHIN 90 MILES OF A LINE 
FROM 6N155E TO 10N154E TO 14N157E. SIMILAR WEATHER IS TAKING PLACE 
ACROSS THE MARSHALL ISLANDS EAST OF A LINE FROM 5N169E TO 12N169E.

$$

SIMPSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.