Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 22:40:44 -0500

058 
FZPN01 KWBC 030340
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED NOV 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N167E TO 48N174E TO 39N179W. WITHIN 240 NM 
NE OF THE FRONT N OF 48N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM NE OF THE FRONT AND 
660 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N165E 980 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 57N176E TO 54N174W. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL AND CONDITIONS NW OF AREA.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 42N146W 989 MB MOVING N 30 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 133W AND 168W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 25 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N147W 958 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
56N150W TO 58N148W TO 58N144W TO 51N133W TO 42N133W. OVER WATERS 
N OF THE FRONT BETWEEN 148W AND 144W WINDS 50 TO 60 KT. SEAS 18 
TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM OF LOW EXCEPT N QUADRANT...AND 
240 NM N AND NE OF THE FRONT N OF 54N WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 
TO 28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 52N140W. ALSO WITHIN 540 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE...780 NM SW AND 600 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND 240 NM E OF 
THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 60N150W 973 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 
660 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N162E 981 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 36N TO 51N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N174W 980 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 660 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM NW QUADRANT AND FROM 38N TO 53N BETWEEN 155W AND 
165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF THE ALEUTIANS BETWEEN 165W AND 176W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N BETWEEN 168W AND 173W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N BETWEEN 165W AND 173W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N138W 1003 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E...480 
NM S...AND 660 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.OVER WATERS FROM 46N TO 55N E OF 140W SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 20 FT WITH W TO SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N147W DESCRIBED 
IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.N OF 64N E OF 170W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 63N E OF 170W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 65N E OF 169W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING 
SPRAY.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 180W AND 164E...AND FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 131W AND 
143W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 51N BETWEEN 170W AND 
168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 49N BETWEEN 155W AND 
170W.

.HIGH 36N129W 1025 MB MOVING SE 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N127W 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 34N177W 1032 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N177W 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N172W 1026 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N165E 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED NOV 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 40 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 20N AND W OF LINE 30N120W TO 20N127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL WITH HIGHEST NW PART.  
FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 120W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N140W TO 29N141W. N OF 28N AND 
WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 13 TO 15 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. HIGHEST SEAS 
NW PART.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 24N140W. WITHIN 90 NM NW 
OF FRONT N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 14 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N NW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.S OF 10N BETWEEN 115W AND 132W SE TO S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 
FT IN MIXED NW AND S SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 10N BETWEEN 
105W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN PRIMARILY NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FROM 06N TO 10N W OF 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 10N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.N OF 05N E OF 81W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...SW WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 04N E OF 80W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
PANAMA...SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. FROM 04N TO 08N BETWEEN 
80W AND 95W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 08N BETWEEN 84W AND 100W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 13N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM LINE 
16N94.5W TO 10N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM LINE 
16N94.5W TO 10N98W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.  

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC WED NOV 03...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 10N85W TO 09N100W TO  
12N118W THEN RESUMES AT 11N124W TO 08N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM N OF AXIS W OF 132W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NEAR 
12N122W AND NEAR 10N90W.  

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.