Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 23:45:10 -0500

978 
FZPN40 PHFO 030445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED NOV 03 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 03 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 04 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 05 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 25N156W TO 23N163W THENCE A SHEAR LINE 
TO 22N177W. COLD FRONT MOVING SE 20 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING S 
SLOWLY. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N E OF 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 24N150W TO 
21N160W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 21N153W. 

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 24N151W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N169W TO 26N160W MOVING E 20 KT.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 18N TO 26N BETWEEN 170W AND 174E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 18N TO 25N 
BETWEEN 165W AND 174E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 17N TO 22N 
BETWEEN 165W AND 178W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 14N160W TO 14N170W TO 
20N175E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 14N140W TO 
10N150W TO 10N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 18 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 09N140W TO 
08N160W TO 08N170W TO 20N175E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 04N140W TO 04N180W TO 10N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT E OF A LINE FROM 07N170W TO 
20N180W TO 30N165W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 
00N175E TO 10N160E 30N160E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 13N167E TO 
15N162E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N150W TO 10N170W TO 10N180E TO 09N160E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 170E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.