Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 04:46:48 -0500

236 
FZPN01 KWBC 030946
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED NOV 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 55N166E 980 MB MOVING N 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 55N171E TO 50N179E TO 39N177W. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF THE 
FRONT N OF 50N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 540 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...AND 300 NM NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N167E 977 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 58N177E TO 54N174W. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 56N170E 991 MB. NW OF A LINE 
FROM 52N171E TO 56N179E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 45N144W 982 MB MOVING N 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
OVER WATERS WITHIN 720 NM NE AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 
30N TO 45N BETWEEN 132W AND 150W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N148W 956 MB. OVER WATERS BETWEEN 60 NM 
AND 240 NM E AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 60 KT. SEAS 20 TO 33 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM OF LOW WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM OF LOW EXCEPT 720 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WELL INLAND. NE OF A LINE FROM 
57N152W TO 49N136W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N169E 980 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM S AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
17 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 39N TO 53N W OF 176W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N168W 980 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 165E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 30N TO 46N BETWEEN 150W AND 167W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 25 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N133W 998 MB. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED 
ABOVE WITH LOW 57N148W...WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 30 TO 
45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM E QUADRANT AND 
240 NM E OF A FRONT FROM THE LOW TO 42N133W TO 35N138W WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N BETWEEN 167W AND 175W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N BETWEEN 168W AND 173W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N BETWEEN 165W AND 172W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N155W 980 MB. FROM 36N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 31N TO 40N BETWEEN 171E AND 160E SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 52N169E DESCRIBED 
IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.N OF 64N E OF 168W LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.  

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 176W AND 164E...AND FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 129W AND 
144W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 51N BETWEEN 165W AND 
174E...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF 48N131W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 48N BETWEEN 150W AND 
165W. 

.HIGH 34N128W 1023 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N127W 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 33N178W 1032 MB MOVING SE 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N175W 1030 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N171W 1027 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N152W 1027 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N166E 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED NOV 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 40 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N96W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. NW OF LINE FROM 30N135W TO 25N140W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
17 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 30N116W TO 10N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N137W TO 28N140W. NW OF 
FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 14 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 24N110W TO 10N120W TO 02N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N133W TO 23N140W. NW OF 
FRONT FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 23N110W TO 06N100W TO 00N115W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 27N N TO NE WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 100W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PANAMA...SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 14N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 12N95W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM LINE 
16N94.5W TO 101N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 90 NM LINE 
16N94.5W TO 10N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NW AND NE SWELL.  

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED NOV 03...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 10N86W TO 09N90W TO 
10N111W TO 13N121W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS 
WITHIN 30 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 90W AND 95W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 30 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 125W AND 128W.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.