Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 05:45:10 -0500

685 
FZPN40 PHFO 031045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED NOV 03 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 03 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 04 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 05 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N145W TO 24N155W TO 22N160W THENCE SHEAR LINE 
TO 21N165W. COLD FRONT MOVING SE 20 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING S 
SLOWLY. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 25N E OF 162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 22N147W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 22N148W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N170W TO 24N159W MOVING NE 20 KT.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 18N TO 25N BETWEEN 169W AND 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA FROM 18N TO 25N 
BETWEEN 165W AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 21N TO 24N 
BETWEEN 157W AND 164W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 16N140W TO 12N160W TO 14N170W TO 
20N175E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 12N140W TO 
09N160W TO 11N180W TO 14N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 19 FT N OF 22N E OF 163W. SEAS 12 TO 
15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 09N140W 07N165W TO 22N172E. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 03N140W TO 02N160W TO 03N180W TO 
10N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N155W TO 
25N165W TO 18N180W TO 16N160W TO 17N140W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
E OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 20N160E TO 00N170W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF POINTS 14N164E AND 12N173W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N160W TO 09N180W TO 07N166E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.