Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 10:56:18 -0500

548 
FZPN01 KWBC 031555
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED NOV 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 49N144W 975 MB MOVING N 30 KT. WITHIN 540 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
AND WITHIN 420 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM N...E AND SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 
420 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N148W 962 MB. WITHIN 120 NM OF THE 
ALASKA COAST BETWEEN 140W AND 151W WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 20 TO 
34 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 360 NM OF LOW WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 480 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WELL INLAND. NE OF A LINE FROM 
58N151W TO 49N137W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N175E 976 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 29 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 1080 SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 420 
NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER NEAR 53N152W 975 
MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 50N147W TO 43N145W TO 
36N149W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT AND WITHIN 180 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 47N175W TO 49N151W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 56N BETWEEN 137W AND 165W AND 
WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 45N165W AND 49N170E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N172W WITH 
W TO NW SWELL.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 50N BETWEEN 150W AND 167W AND FROM 30N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 130W AND 150W...EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED ABOVE WITH LOW 
49N144W ABOVE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT WITH NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N133W 998 MB. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED 
ABOVE WITH LOW 59N148W...WITHIN 420 NM S OF A LINE FROM 55N132W 
TO 48N156W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 18 FT WITH W SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE S OF A LINE FROM 55N132W TO 48N156W TO 48N160W N OF 
30N WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT IN W TO NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N BETWEEN 167W AND 172W WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N BETWEEN 165W AND 172W WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N BETWEEN 165W AND 177W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 56N167E 983 MB MOVING N 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 56N173E TO 51N178E TO 36N173W. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF THE 
FRONT N OF 53N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. WITHIN 480 
NM SE AND 420 NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 53N175E ABOVE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 45N163W 1005 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 53N175E 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.N OF 64N E OF 168W LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 39N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 175W AND 163E AND FROM 40N TO 54N BETWEEN 132W AND 142W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 39N TO 48N BETWEEN 161W AND 
179W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 41N BETWEEN 147W AND 
159W. 

.HIGH 34N128W 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N128W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 33N178W 1032 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N172W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N168W 1027 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N144W 1027 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N170E 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED NOV 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95.5W  
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N97W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 10N97W TO INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 09N99W TO INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. NW OF LINE FROM 30N135W TO 26N140W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 29N114W TO 10N125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST NW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N136W TO 27N140W. NW OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 16 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 20N108W TO 00N132W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DIFFUSE. N OF 23N W OF 130W N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 13 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 105W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.18 WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 98W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC WED NOV 03...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 12N88W TO 12N125W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 150 NM LINE 
12N87W TO 08N97W AND WITHIN 90 NM OF 10N132W.

$$
FORECASTER NELSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.