Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 11:45:16 -0500

224 
FZPN40 PHFO 031645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED NOV 03 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 03 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 04 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 05 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 25N150W TO 21N160W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 
20N171W. COLD FRONT MOVING SE 15 KT...SHEAR LINE MOVING S SLOWLY. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 27N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 23N146W THENCE 
SHEAR LINE TO 20N156W TO 18N162W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT AND SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 21N150W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N165E TO 29N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 19N TO 26N BETWEEN 165W AND 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 18N TO 24N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 15 TO 23 FT N OF A LINE FROM 16N140W TO 30N170W. SEAS 12 TO 15 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 13N140W TO 10N160W TO 20N172E. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 07N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 15 TO 17 FT N OF 22N E OF 161W. SEAS 12 TO 
15 FT ELSEWHERE E OF A LINE FROM 00N180E TO 08N170W TO 22N171E. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE...EXCEPT 8 FT OR LESS S OF 10N W OF 175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 
26N160E TO 11N160E TO 00N170W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 170W AND 179W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N160W TO 09N180W TO 07N166E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N AND 90 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 180W.
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 180W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.