Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 13:20:48 -0500

930 
ATHW40 PHFO 031820
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED NOV 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC NOVEMBER 03 2010

THE MOST SIGNIFICANT CLOUD FEATURE SEEN ON SATELLITE IMAGERY IS AN 
EAST NORTHEAST THROUGH WEST SOUTHWEST ORIENTED COLD FRONT. THE FRONT 
EXTENDS FROM NEAR 30N142W TO NEAR 23N156W TO NEAR 20N170W. THE FRONT 
IS BETWEEN 120 AND 180 MILES WIDE. THE LEADING EDGE OF THE FRONT IS 
PRESENTLY JUST NORTH OF MAUI COUNTY. THE FRONT IS MOVING TOWARD THE 
SE AT AROUND 10 MPH. CLOUD TOPS IN THE VICINITY OF THE ISLANDS ARE 
RUNNING AT AROUND 8000 FEET WITH HIGHER CLOUD TOPS FURTHER NORTH 
ALONG THE FRONT. BEHIND THE FRONT LIES A BROAD FIELD OF SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS AND CUMULUS CLOUD ELEMENTS THAT ARE GENERALLY 
MOVING IN A SOUTHERLY DIRECTION. 

WITH THE FRONT DRAPED ACROSS THE WEST END OF THE STATE SKIES ARE 
MOSTLY CLOUDY OVER KAUAI...OAHU AND WESTERN MOLOKAI WHILE MAUI AND 
THE BIG ISLAND ARE NEARLY CLOUD FREE. PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS ARE 
SEEN TO THE EAST AND SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND WITH A PLUME CLOUD 
EXTENDING WESTWARD FROM THE KONA COAST. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW SPINNING FAR TO THE 
WEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. A BROAD SWATH OF CIRRUS CLOUDS 
ARE BEING DRAWN NORTHWARD ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF THE UPPER LOW. A 
FEW OF THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE OCCASIONALLY MOVING OVER PORTIONS OF 
THE STATE BUT THE VAST MAJORITY REMAIN WELL TO THE SOUTHWEST OF THE 
ISLANDS. 
 
$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.