Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 16:53:55 -0500

974 
FZPN01 KWBC 032153
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED NOV 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 52N145W 966 MB MOVING N 30 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF THE ALASKA 
COAST BETWEEN 140W AND 152W WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
 ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM LOW CENTER WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST SE OF LOW CENTER. ALSO 
WITHIN 900 NM SW AND 780 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N150W 972 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WELL INLAND AND CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 54N146W BELOW.

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER W OF AREA 50N157E 981 MB MOVING E 
40 KT. WITHIN 1080 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N162E 980 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 18 TO 26 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N179E 975 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 27 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 840 NM SW AND 1020 NM SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 
420 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N146W 976 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 49N142W TO 42N142W TO 36N147W. WITHIN 360 NM E 
QUADRANT...180 NM E OF THE FRONT AND 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF A 
LINE FROM 45N152W TO 47N166W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM NE...660 NM SE...1020 NM S AND 960 
NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
48N163W TO 51N174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST 
NEAR 50N167W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.NEW LOW 42N137W 1001 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 240 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE AND FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 130W AND 160W...EXCEPT 
WHERE DESCRIBED WITH LOW 52N145W ABOVE...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 32N152W WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. EXCEPT WHERE DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 60N150W AND LOW 53N179E ABOVE...WITHIN 420 NM S OF A 
LINE FROM 56N133W TO 47N165W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 17 FT 
WITH W SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF A LINE FROM 56N133W TO 47N165W N OF 
30N WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT IN W TO NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 59N BETWEEN 167W AND 172W NW TO N 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 61N BETWEEN 166W AND 174W NW TO N WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 57N167E 981 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 56N174E TO 52N175W TO 36N171W. WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF 
THE FRONT N OF 53N AND WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF THE FRONT S 
OF 53N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 53N179E ABOVE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.N OF 64N E OF 168W LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 30N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 165E AND WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A LINE FROM 
55N145W TO 45N135W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 48N BETWEEN 158W AND 
172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM OF 41N145W.

.HIGH 34N128W 1022 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N130W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 33N178W 1032 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N174W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 31N152W DESCRIBED BELOW. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N158W 1028 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N152W 1027 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N160E 1021 MB
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 41N178E 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED NOV 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU NOV 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI NOV 05.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95.5W  
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 
11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N98W 
INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SEAS 
8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 10N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N98W TO 10N102W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.N OF 28N W OF 138W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 14 TO 16 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N135W TO 25N140W. WITHIN 90 
NM NW OF FR0NT N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 14 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 15 TO 16 FT IN 
NW SWELL. N OF 20N E OF FRONT TO 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 20N W OF 130W N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 06N TO 10N W OF 128W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 17N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N AND W OF LINE 
20N110W TO 10N115W TO 00N125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 100W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 98W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED NOV 03...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 10N85W TO 09N105W TO 13N122W 
TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 
92W AND 102W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS 
W OF 132W...AND NEAR 12N128W.

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.