Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 19:29:15 -0500

459 
ATHW40 PHFO 040029
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC THU NOV 04 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 04 2010

THE MOST SIGNIFICANT CLOUD FEATURE SEEN ON SATELLITE IMAGERY IS AN 
EAST NORTHEAST THROUGH WEST SOUTHWEST ORIENTED COLD FRONT. THE FRONT 
EXTENDS FROM NEAR 30N140W TO NEAR 22N155W TO NEAR 19N164W. THE FRONT 
IS BETWEEN 90 AND 120 MILES WIDE. THE LEADING EDGE OF THE FRONT IS 
JUST NOW REACHING EXTREME NORTHWEST MAUI. THE FRONT IS MOVING 
TOWARD THE SE AT AROUND 10 MPH. CLOUD TOPS IN THE VICINITY OF THE 
ISLANDS ARE RUNNING AT AROUND 8000 FEET WITH HIGHER CLOUD TOPS 
FURTHER NORTH ALONG THE FRONT. BEHIND THE FRONT LIES A BROAD FIELD 
OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS AND CUMULUS CLOUD ELEMENTS THAT 
ARE GENERALLY MOVING IN A SOUTHERLY DIRECTION. 

WITH THE FRONT DRAPED ACROSS THE CENTRAL ISLAND...SKIES ARE MOSTLY 
CLOUDY OVER OAHU...MOLOKAI AND LANAI. OVER KAUAI CLOUDS ARE COVERING 
PRIMARILY COVERING NORTHERN AND EASTERN SECTIONS OF THE ISLAND. OVER 
MAUI LOW CLOUDS ARE BANKED UP OVER THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA WITH A 
FEW CLOUDS OVER THE SLOPES AND SUMMITS OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS. 
OVER THE BIG ISLAND LOW CLOUDS ARE PRIMARILY COVERING THE KONA AND 
KAU SLOPES WITH JUST A FEW PATCHES OF LOW CLOUDS OVER THE WINDWARD 
SLOPES.

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW SPINNING FAR TO THE 
WEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. A BROAD SWATH OF CIRRUS CLOUDS 
ARE BEING DRAWN NORTHWARD ON THE EASTERN SIDE OF THE UPPER LOW. A 
FEW OF THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE OCCASIONALLY MOVING OVER PORTIONS OF 
THE STATE BUT THE VAST MAJORITY REMAIN WELL TO THE SOUTHWEST OF THE 
ISLANDS. 
 
$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.