Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 22:50:10 -0500

272 
FZPN01 KWBC 040349
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU NOV 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING...
.LOW 56N145W 960 MB MOVING N 25 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF THE ALASKA 
COAST BETWEEN 152W AND 140W WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 13 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE OVER WATERS WITHIN 420 NM OF LOW WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 34 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 56N143W. ALSO WITHIN 480 NM SE 
AND 960 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. N OF 54N BETWEEN 
143W AND 153W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 50N162E 984 MB MOVING E 30 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
360 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 38N TO 51N W OF 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 53N175W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED BELOW.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 51N170E 985 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 36N TO 51N BETWEEN 177W 
AND 166E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N175W 978 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND 600 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
42N TO 57N W OF 167W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 41N TO 50N BETWEEN 140W 
AND 168W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 53N165W 981 MB. FROM 38N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 148W AND 167W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N146W 972 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE 
LOW TO 50N138W TO 40N140W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM N AND 300 
NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS...AND 300 NM E OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 46N135W 998 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 51N134W 
TO THE LOW TO 32N138W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 NM E OF THE FRONT 
AND 540 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. FROM 50N TO 55N E OF 
139W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A FRONT FROM 57N175E TO 54N174W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 60N BETWEEN 165W AND 
173W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 60N BETWEEN 165W AND 177W N TO NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 58N BETWEEN 164W AND 176W N TO NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N165E 1008 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 175E AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS W AND NW OF A LINE FROM 
43N167E TO 56N179E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.N OF 64N E OF 168W LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 168W AND 170E...AND WITHIN 180 NM OF 49N133W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 155W AND 
170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE.

.HIGH 34N129W 1020 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 32N177W 1030 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N172W 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 32N157W 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N156W 1025 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N165E 1023 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N179W 1022 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU NOV 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 06.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 30 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
15 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 50 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N93W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
17 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95W N 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N96W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 10N97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 150 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N93W TO 10N100W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 09N104W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.COLD FRONT 30N140W TO 28N143W. N OF 27N W OF 138W SW WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 14 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 
114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N133W TO 24N140W. WITHIN 60 
NM NW OF FR0NT N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 14 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 15 FT IN NW 
SWELL. N OF 20N E OF FRONT TO 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N125W TO 22N140W. 
NW OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 20N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 05N TO 10N W OF 125W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NW 
PART. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 17N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N AND W OF LINE 
20N108W TO 10N110W TO 00N120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 22N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 100W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 98W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0245 UTC THU NOV 04...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS 11N85W TO 09N110W TO 12N125W 
TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 
99W AND 103W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NOTED WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS 
W OF 132W...AND NEAR 12N125W.

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.