Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 23:45:07 -0500

653 
FZPN40 PHFO 040445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU NOV 04 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 04 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 05 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 06 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 24N150W TO 21N159W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 
20N171W. COLD FRONT MOVING AND SHEAR LINE MOVING S SLOWLY. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF FRONT AND SHEAR LINE W OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 24N140W TO 23N146W THENCE 
SHEAR LINE TO 20N156W TO 18N162W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT AND SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 22N146W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N163E TO 29N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 17N TO 26N BETWEEN 171W AND 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 18N TO 26N 
BETWEEN 165W AND 180W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 15 TO 22 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 23N161W TO 25N150W TO 
30N140W. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 12N160E TO 
06N170W TO 07N140W...AND S OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 26N164E TO 
18N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N165W TO 
21N178E TO 18N164W TO 21N155W TO 08N140W. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE 
N AND E OF A LINE FROM 10N160E TO 06N175W TO 00N175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 13 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 
22N163E TO 14N163E TO 00N168E.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 11N TO 16N BETWEEN 170W AND 179W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 07N160W TO 07N175W TO 08N175E TO 07N166E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM N AND 90 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 
170W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 170W.

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.