Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 00:27:04 -0500

031 
ATHW40 PHFO 040526
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC THU NOV 04 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC NOVEMBER 04 2010

A RAGGED FRONTAL CLOUD BAND CONTINUED TO MAKE ITS WAY DOWN THROUGH 
THE ISLAND CHAIN EARLY THIS WEDNESDAY EVENING.  THE LEADING EDGE OF 
THE CLOUD BAND STRETCHED THROUGH 30N 139W SOUTHWESTWARD THROUGH THE 
ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL TO 19N 160W.  WEST OF THE 160W LONGITUDE...THE 
CLOUD BAND BECAME MORE FRAGMENTED AND DIFFUSE AS IT CONTINUED WEST 
TO THE DATELINE NEAR 19N LATITUDE.  

THE FRONTAL BAND WAS 150 TO 175 MILES WIDE NORTHEAST OF THE 
ISLANDS.  WEST OF THE STATE...THE BAND WAS NARROWER WHERE IT 
REMAINED INTACT.  OTHERWISE THE BAND WAS SPREADING OUT AND BECOMING 
INDISTINCT. 

THE LEADING EDGE OF THE BAND HAD JUST REACHED THE BIG ISLAND.  THE 
TRAILING EDGE OF THE BAND WAS BACK IN THE KAUAI CHANNEL.  OVER THE 
STATE...THE BAND WAS MOVING SOUTH AROUND 10 MILES AN HOUR.  

IMMEDIATELY AHEAD OF THE CLOUD BAND...THE BIG ISLAND WAS SEEING THE 
FEWEST CLOUDS AT 7 PM.  OAHU AND THE MAUI COUNTY ISLANDS WERE CLOUDY 
TO MOSTLY CLOUDY.  AND THOUGH THE BAND HAD CLEARED KAUAI...COPIOUS 
AMOUNTS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUD PATCHES WERE FLOWING SOUTH  
BEHIND THE FRONT TO KEEP THE NORTH HALF OF THE GARDEN ISLAND MOSTLY 
CLOUDY.  

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW HOVERING NEAR 20N 
180E.  THE LOW HAD BECOME NEARLY STATIONARY.  IT WAS GENERATING 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 170 MILES EAST OF ITS CENTER.  IT WAS 
ALSO PRODUCING AN AREA OF MOSTLY BROKEN BUT THICK CIRRUS CLOUDS 
BETWEEN 165W AND THE DATELINE FROM 20N TO 24N.  A FEW THIN STRANDS 
OF THE CIRRUS WERE TRYING TO DRIFT EASTWARD TOWARD THE ISLANDS BUT 
WERE STOPPING JUST SHORT OF 160W THIS EVENING. 
 
$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.