Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 05:00:26 -0500

788 
FZPN01 KWBC 040959
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU NOV 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 58N147W 958 MB MOVING N 20 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 NM OF 
LOW WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 15 TO 32 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 56N142W. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM OF LOW EXCEPT 960 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL INLAND. N OF 58N BETWEEN 143W AND 
148W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT WITH S SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 49N133W 997 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM THE LOW 
TO 35N134W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM E 
OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 50N TO 55N E OF 133W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. NE OF A LINE FROM 
51N136W TO 55N140W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 15 TO 17 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 52N175E 978 MB MOVING E 30 KT. FROM 44N TO 49N BETWEEN 170E 
AND 160E WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 39N TO 53N W OF 178W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N166W 981 MB. FROM 45N TO 50N BETWEEN 
165W AND 180W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM W QUADRANT AND FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 155W AND 
175E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 40N TO 50N BETWEEN 140W 
AND 164W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 53N155W 978 MB. FROM 38N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 140W AND 155W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N145W 976 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
58N142W TO 50N135W TO 40N137W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM NE OF 
THE FRONT N OF 50N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE...240 NM NE AND E OF THE 
FRONT...AND N OF 50N BETWEEN 145W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 57N175E TO 53N171W. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N171E 995 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 
43N BETWEEN 175E AND 162E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST 54N179W 1006 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 60N BETWEEN 166W AND 
172W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 56N167W TO 60N176W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 127W AND 135W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N125W 1010 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND 
SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 35N163E 1013 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N 
BETWEEN 174E AND 160E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N169E 1008 MB. FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 
175W AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 43N TO 53N W OF 172E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.N OF 63N E OF 168W LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 166W AND 174E...AND WITHIN 120 NM OF 49N131W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 45N BETWEEN 150W AND 
165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 33N164W 1028 MB MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N153W 1028 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N155W 1027 MB.

.HIGH 32N176W 1030 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N175W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N164E 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N178E 1019 MB. 

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU NOV 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 06.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC...N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N93W N TO NE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 12N97W NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN 
MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N94.5W TO 11N100W 
TO 10N105W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT IN MIXED 
NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 17 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N95W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITH HIGHER GUSTS. 
SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 10N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N100W TO 09N105W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.

.COLD FRONT 30N137W TO 28N140W. WITHIN 60 NM SE OF FRONT SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 
FROM 24N110W TO 11N120W TO 03N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 20N132W TO 24N140W. W OF FRONT 
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W 
OF LINE FROM 23N110W TO 07N108W TO 00N120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N119W TO 20N125W. W OF LINE 
FROM 30N127W TO 12N140W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 98W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0845 UTC THU NOV 04...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS FROM 10N86W TO 08N96W TO 
09N105W TO 09N115W TO 12N120W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 90 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS W OF 127W.

$$
FORECASTER CHRISTENSEN

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.