Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 05:42:13 -0500

829 
FZPN40 PHFO 041042
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU NOV 04 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 04 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 05 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 06 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 24N146W TO 22N152W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 
19N161W TO 18N172W TO 19N179E. COLD FRONT MOVING SE 15 KT AND SHEAR 
LINE DRIFTING S. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 16N TO 27N BETWEEN 
160W AND 171E...AND FROM 20N TO 26N BETWEEN 160W AND 150W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. WEAKENING SHEAR LINE FROM 
24N140W TO 21N150W 21N160W TO 19N170W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
FROM 16N TO 26N BETWEEN 147W AND 179E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATING FROM 20N140W TO 18N160W. 
NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 23N E OF 164W.  

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 23N145W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N169E TO 29N160E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 13 TO 18 FT N OF 20N E OF 166W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REMAINDER OF 
AREA...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS NW OF A LINE FROM 30N171E TO 
23N160E...AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SW OF A LINE FROM 00N170W TO 
07N180E TO 09N160E.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 14 FT N OF 18N E OF 161W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT REMAINDER OF AREA...EXCEPT 8 FT OR LESS NW OF A LINE FROM 30N166W 
TO 26N174E TO 20N160E...AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SW OF A LINE FROM 
15N160E TO 08N176E TO 00N170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 
30N140W TO 05N140W TO 05N175E TO 23N175E TO 30N147W TO 30N140W. 
SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 18N TO 22N BETWEEN 177W AND 177E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N153W TO 07N170W TO 06N180E TO 08N168E TO 
08N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 11N W OF 173E...AND 
FROM 07N TO 09N BETWEEN 163W AND 169W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 
07N TO 09N BETWEEN 149W AND 153W...AND FROM 07N TO 11N E OF 143W.  

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.