Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 07:28:38 -0500

660 
ATHW40 PHFO 041228
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC THU NOV 04 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC NOVEMBER 04 2010

THE RAGGED REMNANT OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND HAS STALLED ACROSS THE 
STATE.  THIS NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST ALIGNED REMNANT CLOUD BAND WAS 
JUST WIDE ENOUGH TO COVER MOST OF THE AREA FROM KAUAI TO THE BIG 
ISLAND.  THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF THIS DECAYING CLOUD BAND STRETCHED 
THROUGH 30N 137W TO 27N 140W TO NEAR HILO THEN TO 17N 170W.  MOST OF 
THE BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WITHIN THE BAND NEAR THE STATE HAD TOPS 
BETWEEN 12 AND 15 THOUSAND FEET. 

A LARGE FIELD OF NUMEROUS PATCHES OF BROKEN TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS 
SAT NORTH OF THE CLOUD BAND.  A ROUGHLY 110 MILES WIDE BAND OF 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS SAT SOUTH OF THE BAND...EAST OF THE 
BIG ISLAND.  THIS LOW LEVEL CONVERGENCE CLOUD BAND WAS CENTERED 
BETWEEN 17N 151.5N AND 24N 146W.  THIS CONVERGENCE CLOUD BAND WAS 
STATIONARY. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL LOW HOVERING NEAR 20N 
180E.  THE LOW APPEARED TO BE WEAKENING SOMEWHAT.  HOWEVER...IT WAS 
STILL MANAGING TO GENERATE A FEW THUNDERSTORMS AROUND ITS CENTER.  
IT WAS ALSO GENERATING SOME CLUSTERS AND STRANDS OF BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS FROM 12N TO 23N BETWEEN 167W AND THE 
DATELINE. 
 
$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.