Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:01:11 -0500

824 
ATPQ40 PGUM 041501
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST FRI NOV 5 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHWARD FROM GUAM TO 5N141E. SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND JUST SOUTH OF GUAM IN AN 
AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 5N140E TO 15N140E TO 12N150E TO 3N143E 
BACK TO 5N140E.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 21N140E TO 
BEYOND 130E AT 10N. CONVERGING LOW-LEVEL WINDS EAST OF THE TROUGH 
ARE CAUSING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS OVER YAP 
BETWEEN 15N AND 7N FROM 135E TO 139E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE LOCATED 
NORTHWEST OF THE TROUGH WITHIN 80 MILES OF A LINE FROM 17N130E TO 
20N136E.

A TRADE-WIND TROUGH EXTENDS EASTWARD FROM 6N152E TO 10N171E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND OVER POHNPEI AND 
NORTH OF KOSRAE WITHIN 150 MILES ON EITHER SIDE OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.