Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 11:03:54 -0500

548 
FZPN01 KWBC 041603
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU NOV 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 60N148W 964 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SE QUADRANT 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 17 TO 33 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM S 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
53N143W. ALSO WITHIN 1020 NM S QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N133W 990 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM THE LOW 
TO 40N132W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM W 
AND 240 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED 
WITH LOW 39N125W BELOW...SE OF LINE FROM 54N131W TO 30N150W 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N176E 975 MB MOVING E 30 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 48N168E. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 55N W OF 165W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 44N166E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N164W 982 MB. FROM 44N TO 50N BETWEEN 
158W AND 177W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 46N158W TO 51N166E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N145W 
DESCRIBED BELOW.

...STORM WARNING... 
.18 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N155W 981 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 
NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N151W 978 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM 
E QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE E OF 
158W WITHIN 600 NM E...780 NM SE...1020 NM S AND 540 NM SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N145W 975 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
60N145W TO 53N136W TO 46N132W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 
NM NE OF THE FRONT N OF 50N AND WITHIN 240 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 
35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 32N AND SE OF THE 
ALEUTIAN ISLANDS BETWEEN 127W AND 164W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 46N150W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 240 NM NE OF A FRONT EXTENDING FROM 54N175E TO 55N176W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 52N164W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 61N BETWEEN 165W AND 
173W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 54N167W TO 61N177W N TO NW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 35N156E 1010 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 30N TO 38N W OF 172E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEA TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST 39N172E 997 MB. FROM 30N TO 42N W OF 173W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N125W 1010 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW AND 
540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N123W 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF A LINE FROM 42N167E 
TO 54N180W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.N OF 64N E OF 168W LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 162W AND 180W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
44N149W TO 38N161W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 32N127W 1019 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 33N159W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE SE AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N153W 1025 MB. 

.HIGH 31N174W 1030 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N174W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N174E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N172W 1021 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU NOV 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 06.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N95W TO 13N93W N TO NE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 16N95W 
TO 12N97W NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE 
WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 11N100W TO 
10N105W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT IN MIXED NE 
WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 17 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 10N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 11N100W TO 09N105W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.COLD FRONT 30N136W TO 27N140W. WITHIN 60 NM SE OF FRONT SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE 
FROM 24N110W TO 10N120W TO 00N137W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N130W TO 24N140W. W OF FRONT 
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W 
OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 20N121W. FROM 11N TO 23N 
W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE 
W OF 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU NOV 04...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...11N86W TO 09N95W TO 12N125W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM N OF 
AXIS W OF 129W.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.