Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 12:41:13 -0500

372 
FZPN40 PHFO 041741
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...RESENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU NOV 04 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 04 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 05 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 06 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 23N149W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 20N157W TO 
19N168W TO 18N178E. COLD FRONT MOVING SE 15 KT AND SHEAR LINE 
DRIFTING S. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 17N TO 27N BETWEEN 160W 
AND 170E...AND FROM 20N TO 25N BETWEEN 160W AND 150W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT DISSIPATED. WEAKENING SHEAR LINE FROM 
22N140W TO 20N153W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 23N E OF 
163W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
FROM 10N TO 19N BETWEEN 143W AND 169W.  

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 23N144W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N171E TO 29N160E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 29N160E. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 13 TO 18 FT N OF 20N E OF 167W. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT REMAINDER OF 
AREA...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS NW OF A LINE FROM 30N173E TO 
23N160E...AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SW OF A LINE FROM 00N173W TO 
07N180E TO 10N160E.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 18N E OF 158W. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT REMAINDER OF AREA...EXCEPT 8 FT OR LESS NW OF A LINE FROM 30N171W 
TO 26N174E TO 23N160E...AND SEAS 8 FT OR LESS SW OF A LINE FROM 
12N160E TO 08N176E TO 00N173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 
30N140W TO 04N140W TO 05N175E TO 22N175E TO 30N148W TO 30N140W. 
SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 45 NM OF POINT 26N167E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 08N153W TO 07N165W TO 08N180E TO 09N169E TO 
08N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS FROM 06N TO 10N W OF 
173E...AND FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 163W AND 168W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS FROM 07N TO 09N BETWEEN 149W AND 153W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF 
ITCZ E OF 154W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.