Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 16:44:12 -0500

521 
FZPN01 KWBC 042143
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU NOV 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 53N179W 971 MB MOVING E 40 KT. WITHIN 600 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 25 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N171E. 
ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 35N TO 60N W OF 162W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 45N168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 54N145W 
DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 138W AND 152W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 14 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 52N150W 981 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N145W 979 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 360 NM 
E AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 120 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 47N151W TO 46N167W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N165W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM 
NE...720 NM SE AND 1020 NM SW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 240 NM EITHER 
SIDE OF A LINE FROM 46N167W TO 52N172E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 24 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N146W 981 MB. SE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
WITHIN 1320 NM SW AND 720 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 45N145W.

..STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N160E 1005 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 
30N TO 40N W OF 175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEA TO 12 FT.
.42 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N174E 992 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N SEMICIRCLE 
AND 120 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST 42N178E 983 MB. WITHIN 180 NM W AND 240 NM E 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
30N TO 45N BETWEEN 167W AND 163E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 61N148W 972 MB MOVING N 20 KT. SE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
WITHIN 960 NM SE AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS...EXCEPT FROM 38N TO 
50N BETWEEN 138W AND 152W...WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 59N142W. 
.24 HOUR LOW DISSIPATED INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 63N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 63N165W 983 MB. N OF 60N W OF 165W N 
TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. NE OF A LINE FROM 54N167W TO 
61N176W N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 36N127W 1012 MB. N OF 30N WITHIN 300 
NM NW AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT WITH 
NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N125W 1014 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 50N W OF 168E SW WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS NW OF A LINE FROM 45N169E 
TO 55N177W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

.N OF 64N E OF 168W LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 158W AND 175W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
44N143W TO 38N160W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
WITHIN 120 NM OF 39N175W. 

.HIGH 34N127W 1019 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 32N154W 1028 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N150W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 31N174W 1028 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N174W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 38N161E 1023 MB MOVING E 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N177W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 39N162W 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU NOV 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI NOV 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 06.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12.5N96W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT. 
.12 H0UR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N94.5W 12N96.5W N TO NE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 11N98W NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. WITHIN 120 NM OF LINE 
16N95W TO 12N97W NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN MIXED 
NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 17 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
LINE 16N94.5 TO 12.5N96W TO 10N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N98W TO 09N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 150 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N98W TO 09M102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N98W TO 10N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.COLD FRONT 30N135W TO 26N140W. NW OF FRONT NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 17 FT IN NW SWELL. WITHIN 60 NM SE OF FRONT SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 13 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 
23N110W TO 10N115W TO 00N125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N128W TO 21N140W. W OF FRONT 
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 
21N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N118W TO 20N121W. FROM 11N TO 22N 
W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT. N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 125W AND 130W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 
FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT E OF 80W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU NOV 04...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS FROM 10N85W TO 07N100W TO 
12N120W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 124W AND 130W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS NOTED NEAR 11N138W.

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.