Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:45:11 -0500

335 
FZPN40 PHFO 042245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU NOV 04 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 04 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 05 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 06 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 23N145W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 18N165W TO 
18N174E. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT AND SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY. NE 
TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM FRONT AND SHEAR LINE TO 28N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED E OF AREA. WEAKENING SHEAR LINE FROM 
21N140W TO 20N160W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM N OF 
SHEAR LINE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N166E TO 29N160E MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 28N160E. 

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 07N TO 15N BETWEEN 163W AND 179W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 17N BETWEEN 
148W AND 179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 19N E OF 
170W.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 18N E OF 170W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF 
AREA...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE FROM 10N160E TO 07N179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 
28N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E...AND S OF A LINE FROM 11N160E TO 09N171E 
TO 04N179E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 01N140W TO 
10N169E TO 22N174E TO 30N140W TO 01N140W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER 
REMAINDER OF AREA. 

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 06N170W TO 08N160E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
BETWEEN 06N AND 12N W OF 170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM 
OF ITCZ E OF 174W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.