Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 22:41:00 -0500

137 
FZPN01 KWBC 050340
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI NOV 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 52N161W 982 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 36N TO 53N BETWEEN 
147W AND 165W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N145W 972 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE 
LOW 52N138W TO 47N138W TO 39N143W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 240 NM NE 
OF THE FRONT N OF 52N WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS...300 NM NE AND E OF 
THE FRONT...AND FROM 40N TO 53N BETWEEN 145W AND 170W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 25 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 47N163W WITH W TO NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 58N144W 984 MB. 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM THE LOW TO 50N130W TO 40N130W. WITHIN 180 
NM N QUADRANT...180 NM NE AND E OF THE FRONT...AND OVER WATERS N 
OF A LINE FROM 40N133W TO 55N166W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 32N154E 1014 MB MOVING NE 20 KT WILL RAPIDLY 
INTENSIFY AFTER 24 HOURS. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 30N TO 35N W 
OF 165E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N162E 1005 MB. FROM 35N TO 41N W OF 175E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N178W 980 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 180 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 33N TO 47N BETWEEN 166W AND 171E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N176W 976 MB MOVING SE 35 KT. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS...AND FROM 50N TO 53N BETWEEN 165W AND 175E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 56N145W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 60N BETWEEN 167W AND 173W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 58N BETWEEN 165W AND 177W N TO NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N BETWEEN 168W AND 174W N WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 53N162E 998 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 44N TO 52N W OF 170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 56N168E 990 MB. NW OF A LINE 
FROM 47N168E TO 55N174W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 63N E OF 170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 171W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 37N130W 1012 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N126W 1011 MB. FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 
126W AND 135W N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.OVER WATERS NE OF A LINE FROM 49N138W TO 56N153W SW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT WITH W TO SW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 153W AND 170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE.

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 165W AND 178W.

.HIGH 32N156W 1027 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N155W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N150W 1025 MB.

.HIGH 31N176W 1026 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N170W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 39N162E 1022 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N176E 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N167W 1019 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 37N156W 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI NOV 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 07.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF 
TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 
.06 H0UR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N94.5W 13N96W N TO NE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE 
16N94.5W TO 11N98W NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
LINE 16N94.5 TO 13N96W TO 11N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N96W TO 10N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N98W TO 10N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 11N98W TO 09N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 150 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N98W TO 10N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.COLD FRONT 30N134W TO 25N140W. NW OF FRONT NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 16 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 23N110W 
TO 15N105W TO 00N120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N127W TO 20N140W. W OF FRONT 
NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 12N TO 
20N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE W OF 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 12N TO 23N W OF 128W NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 17N
BETWEEN 90W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN 
MIXED NE WIND WAVE AND NW SWELL 

.FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT E OF 80W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0245 UTC FRI NOV 05...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS FROM 11N85W TO 08N100W TO 
11N122W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 
123W AND 132W. 

$$
FORECASTER GR

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.