Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 23:45:08 -0500

825 
FZPN40 PHFO 050445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI NOV 05 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 05 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 06 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 07 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 23N144W THENCE SHEAR LINE TO 18N168W TO 
18N173E. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT AND SHEAR LINE NEARLY STATIONARY. NE 
TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM FRONT AND SHEAR LINE TO 27N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED E OF AREA. WEAKENING SHEAR LINE FROM 
22N140W TO 20N160W. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM N OF 
SHEAR LINE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SHEAR LINE DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N163E TO 29N160E MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N170E TO 28N160E. 

.NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 160W AND 179W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 09N TO 17N E OF 
168W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 10N TO 16N E OF 
168W.

.SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 18N E OF 170W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT REST OF 
AREA...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS S OF A LINE FROM 10N160E TO 07N179E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 
28N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E...AND S OF A LINE FROM 12N160E TO 09N172E 
TO 02N175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 01N140W TO 
09N169E TO 25N177E TO 29N140W TO 01N140W. SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER 
REMAINDER OF AREA. 

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N153W TO 06N171W TO 08N169E TO 08N160E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 07N AND 12N W OF 170E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 178W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.