Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 00:31:43 -0500

017 
ATHW40 PHFO 050531
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC FRI NOV 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC NOVEMBER 05 2010

THE WEAK TAIL END OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND SAT FAR EAST OF THE STATE 
THIS EVENING.  THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF THE DIFFUSE AND DECAYING CLOUD 
BAND STRETCHED THROUGH 24N 140W TO 21N 150W.  THE BAND WAS DRIFTING 
VERY SLOWLY SOUTHWARD. 

A SOMEWHAT DETACHED AND SEGMENTED...REMNANT PART OF THE FRONTAL 
BAND FURTHER WEST EXTENDED FROM NEAR THE BIG ISLAND TO 17N 170W TO 
17N 180E.  THIS REMNANT CLOUD BAND CONSISTED OF MOSTLY BROKEN... 
SHOWERY CUMULUS CLOUDS.  THE REMNANT CLOUD BAND WAS NEARLY 
STATIONARY WHILE THE CLOUDS WITHIN IT WERE FLOWING QUICKLY WESTWARD 
WITH THE TRADE WINDS. 

THE REGION BETWEEN THE TWO AFOREMENTIONED CLOUD BANDS AND 30N 
LATITUDE CONTAINED NUMEROUS PATCHES AND CLUSTERS OF MOSTLY BROKEN 
LOW CLOUDS.  THE LOW CLOUDS IN THE VICINITY OF THE ISLANDS WERE 
MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT 25 TO 30 MILES AN HOUR.  AT 7 PM...THE 
CLOUDIEST PARTS OF THE STATE WERE MAUI COUNTY AND OAHU.  THE BIG 
ISLAND AND KAUAI HAD FEWER CLOUDS OVERHEAD.

ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITH TOPS UP TO 45000 FEET WERE FORMING 06N 
AND 10N BETWEEN 150W AND 158W.  THIS AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS WAS 
MIGRATING WEST NEAR 15 MILES AN HOUR. 
 
$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.