Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 04:37:53 -0500

447 
FZPN01 KWBC 050937
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI NOV 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 52N153W 979 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 660 NM E QUADRANT 
AND FROM 38N TO 52N BETWEEN 145W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N145W 974 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
59N146W 58N140W TO 52N135W TO 39N137W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM 
NE OF THE FRONT N OF 52N WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF THE FRONT AND N OF 42N 
BETWEEN 139W AND 161W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 24 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 46N154W WITH W TO NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 60N148W 982 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 600 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N165W 982 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM NW QUADRANT 
AND FROM 41N TO 53N BETWEEN 160W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 27 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 49N175W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED BY LOW 55N145W WITH CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING...
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 61N BETWEEN 166W AND 173W N TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 56N BETWEEN 166W AND 176W N TO NW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 170E AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N169E 1002 MB. FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 
177W AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N172W 995 MB. FROM 33N TO 44N BETWEEN 
160W AND 180W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 52N164E 996 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 480 NM S AND SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N174E 988 MB. NW OF A LINE FROM 43N161E 
TO 56N170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 63N E OF 170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 170W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW NW OF AREA 55N169E 996 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 43N TO 55N W OF 175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS WELL NW OF AREA.

.LOW 38N129W 1012 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT 
AND FROM 32N TO 40N BETWEEN 133W AND 138W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N127W 1012 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
127W AND 134W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 49N BETWEEN 124W AND 140W WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 420 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 50N151W TO 39N169W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 35N TO 41N BETWEEN 157W AND 175W. 

.HIGH 33N154W 1028 MB MOVING SW 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N159W 1027 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N152W 1027 MB.

.HIGH 32N174W 1026 MB DRIFTING E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 39N167E 1022 MB MOVING NE 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N180W 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N165W 1016 MB.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI NOV 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 07.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 12.5N96.5W...INCLUDING 
THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 
FT. 
.06 H0UR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE 16N94.5W TO 14N95W TO 10N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N97W TO 10N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 
93W AND 102W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN N AND NE 
SWELL. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 10N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 15N BETWEEN 91W AND 103W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 12N98W TO 09N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 03N TO 15N BETWEEN 91W AND 104W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING WITHIN 150 NM OF 
LINE 16N94.5W TO 13N97W TO 11N104W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 17N BETWEEN 90W AND 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL 

.COLD FRONT 30N132W TO 25N140W. NW OF FRONT N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 23N110W TO 
17N105W TO 06N102W TO 00N115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
13 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N126W TO 
20N140W. W OF FRONT N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL. FROM 12N TO 20N W OF 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE...NW OF LINE FROM 23N110W TO 16N104W 
TO 00N104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 11N TO 23N W OF 130W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.FROM 05N TO 08N E OF 94W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT E OF 
80W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO...NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC FRI NOV 05...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE AXIS FROM 10.5N86W TO 07.5N97W TO 
10N106W TO 08.5N115W TO 11N124W TO 09.5N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 103W AND 106W. 

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.