Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 07:29:55 -0500

734 
ATHW40 PHFO 051229
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI NOV 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC NOVEMBER 05 2010

THE SOUTHERN EDGE OF THE WEAK...TAIL END OF A FRONTAL CLOUD BAND 
STRETCHED FROM 23N 140W TO 21N 148W EARLY THIS FRIDAY MORNING.  THE 
NORTHERN EDGE OF THE REMNANT CLOUD BAND EXTENDED FROM 25N 140W TO 
23N 148W.  THE REMNANT CLOUD BAND WAS STATIONARY. 

BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS MADE UP THE CLOUD BAND.  BUT THE 
DIFFUSE BAND BLENDED IN WITH A LARGE FIELD OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
LOW CLOUDS TO ITS WEST AND NORTH.  THIS FIELD OF LOW CLOUDINESS WAS 
MAINLY NORTHEAST OF A LINE FROM 20N 152W TO 28N 167W. 

BROKEN TO SCATTERED...SHOWERY CUMULUS CLOUDS WERE COMMON IN THE 
VICINITY OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.  NEAR THE ISLANDS...THESE LOW 
CLOUDS WERE MOVING WEST-SOUTHWEST AT JUST OVER 20 MILES AN HOUR. 

A LOW CLOUD PLUME WAS FLOWING WESTWARD OFF THE KONA COAST OF THE 
BIG ISLAND.  THIS SHOWERY...BROKEN TO OVERCAST PLUME WAS ABOUT 50 
MILES WIDE AND EXTENDED OVER 450 MILES FROM THE BIG ISLAND.
 
$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.