Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 10:50:56 -0500

567 
FZPN01 KWBC 051550
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI NOV 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 54N150W 974 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. 
FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER TO 54N148W TO 51N145W TO 46N146W 
TO 36N152W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 40N WINDS 35 TO 50 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 NM LOW CENTER...420 
NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 50N...360 NM E OF THE FRONT S OF 
50N...FROM 33N TO 51N BETWEEN 145W AND 175W AND WITHIN 540 NM S 
OF A LINE FROM 51N175W TO 55N171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
28 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 48N171W WITH W TO NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N144W 973 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
59N147W TO 58N140W TO 52N132W TO 40N134W. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
NE AND E OF THE FRONT N OF 48N WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 25 
FT. 
ELSEWHERE SE OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WITHIN 900 NM SW AND SE 
QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 1320 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 45N150W WITH W TO NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N147W 983 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 34N BETWEEN 
130W AND 160W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT WITH MIXED SWELL.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 64N164W 982 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 61N BETWEEN 166W AND 177W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N163W 990 MB. NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
WITHIN 420 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 59N147W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW W OF AREA 34N157E 1010 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 36N175W. WITHIN 120 NM OF THE FRONT WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N169E 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE AND SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N175E 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 660 NM W...420 NM S AND 540 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N171W 996 MB. FROM 33N TO 48N BETWEEN 
160W AND 178W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 55N169E 994 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N172E 992 MB. NW OF A LINE 
FROM 40N160E TO 56N167W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N E OF 170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 170W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 38N129W 1010 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 240 NM NW AND 420 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT WITH NW 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 122W 
AND 132W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 38N129W IN SYNOPSIS SECTION ABOVE 
...OVER FORECAST WATERS SE OF A LINE FROM 55N132W TO 30N149W 
WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN MIXED SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH DISSIPATED LOW IN 
SYNOPSIS SECTION ABOVE...S OF 48N E OF 130W WINDS LESS THAN 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED SWELL.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 48N146W TO 41N154W TO 38N163W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 155W AND 172W. 

.HIGH 31N153W 1027 MB DRIFTING S. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N153W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N149W 1026 MB. 

.HIGH 32N172W 1026 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 40N174E 1021 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N166W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N163W 1014 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N162E 1023 MB.

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI NOV 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 07.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N95W TO 12N98W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 10N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 14 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 12N98W TO 11N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 15N BETWEEN 91W AND 100W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 150 NM OF 
LINE 16N5W TO 13N97W TO 12N104W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 90W AND 110W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL 

.COLD FRONT 30N128W TO 25N133W. NW OF FRONT N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 15 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 23N110W TO  
00N105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N120W TO 22N122W. 
FROM 15N TO 23N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 3ON118W TO 00N100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 14N TO 22N W OF 125W NE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI NOV 05...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...10N86W TO 07N95W TO 12N125W TO 
08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM N OF AXIS FROM 103W 
AND 111W. 

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.