Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 16:46:39 -0500

926 
FZPN01 KWBC 052146
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI NOV 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC NOV 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC NOV 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MAIN CENTER 55N148W 972 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER TO 56N145W TO 50N141W TO 37N144W. 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 48N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 
TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM LOW CENTER...420 NM N AND E OF 
THE FRONT N OF 48N...300 NM E OF THE FRONT S OF 48N...FROM 33N 
TO 51N BETWEEN 141W AND 167W AND WITHIN 420 NM S OF A LINE FROM 
50N167W TO 52N180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST 
NEAR 47N166W WITH W TO NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N145W 976 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS SE OF 
THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 720 NM 
SW...1320 NM S AND 840 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 52N145W AND 43N149W WITH W TO NW 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N145W 985 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE NE OF A 
LINE FROM 54N163W TO 33N138W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT IN MIXED SWELL. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 64N164W 984 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS N OF 61N BETWEEN 166W AND 177W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N163W 990 MB. NW OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS 
NE OF A LINE FROM 54N166W TO 61N177W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 
12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 59N145W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N164E 1009 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 240 NM N...420 NM E 
AND 360 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N180W 997 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 360 NM E AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 31N TO 
45N W OF 165W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N164W 985 MB. FROM 33N TO 48N BETWEEN 
149W AND 172W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 56N169E 991 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 56N167E 990 MB. N OF 40N W OF 
176E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 62N E OF 170W AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 62N E OF 170W AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE 
FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 36N130W 1011 MB DRIFTING NE. WITHIN 240 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 36N130W ABOVE OVER FORECAST WATERS 
SE OF A LINE FROM 52N130W TO 37N138W TO 30N137W WINDS LESS THAN 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT IN MIXED SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SE OF A LINE FROM 42N124W TO 30N140W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN MIXED SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM SE 
AND S OF A LINE FROM 43N143W TO 37N160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 37N TO 40N BETWEEN 165W AND 175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 150W AND 
164W.

.HIGH 31N153W 1026 MB DRIFTING S. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N147W 1029 MB. 

.HIGH 30N157W 1028 MB DRIFTING E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 40N178W 1021 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 43N171E 1018 MB MOVING NE 25 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N175W 1016 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N161W 1016 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N164E 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER LEE. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI NOV 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT NOV 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN NOV 07.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 9N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT 
IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 102W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 11N98W TO 10N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 15N BETWEEN 91W AND 107W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 150 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W TO 09N102W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 91W AND 107W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.COLD FRONT 30N126W TO 25N132W. NW OF FRONT N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 30N118W TO 
15N102W TO 00N102W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N119W TO 23N123W. 
FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT 
IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 3ON117W TO 15N107W AND S OF 04N 
W OF 96W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. FROM 14N TO 22N W OF 124W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 
FROM 30N118W TO 15N107W TO 00N107W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2030 UTC FRI NOV 05...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...11N85W TO 08N97W TO 09N107W TO 
09N114W TO 11N125W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED 
STRONG FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 104W AND 110W. 

$$
FORECASTER PAW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.