Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 19:30:14 -0500

861 
ATHW40 PHFO 060030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT NOV 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC NOVEMBER 06 2010

A FRONTAL REMNANT CLOUD BAND IS DRAPED ACROSS THE STATE THIS 
AFTERNOON. THIS BAND IS CHARACTERIZED AS 200 MILES IN WIDTH...MADE 
UP OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST STRATUS AND STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS WITH THE 
THICKEST CLOUDS ON THE SOUTHERN FRINGE OF THE BAND PUSHING AGAINST 
THE BIG ISLAND. THE CLOUD BAND RUNS FROM 27N130W TO 20N145W TO 
20N169W ON THE SOUTHERN EDGE. CLOUD MOTIONS ARE FROM THE 
EAST-NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH. THESE CLOUD MOTIONS ARE BEING DRIVEN BY 
FRESH TRADE WINDS FROM AN EAST TO WEST ORIENTED SUBTROPICAL HIGH 
CENTERED NEAR 30N157W. CLOSED-CELL CUMULUS CLOUDS COVER MUCH OF THE 
AREA FROM 23N TO 30N AND 140W TO 170W AND ARE TRAVELING TO THE 
WEST-SOUTHWEST ON THE SOUTHERN SIDE OF THE HIGH CENTER.

AROUND THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN STRATUS AND STRATOCUMULUS 
CLOUDS COVER THE WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS. PASSING SHOWERS WITHIN 
THESE CLOUDS ARE PRODUCING RAINFALL MOSTLY OVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA 
AREAS. PATCHES OF BROKEN CLOUDS COVER LEEWARD WATERS WITH PLUME 
CLOUDS COMING OFF OF MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND. LOW STRATUS AND 
STRATOCUMULUS CLOUD BUILD UPS COVER MOST OF THE LAND AREAS THIS 
AFTERNOON. KAUAI HAS BROKEN CLOUDS OVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA AREAS 
WITH A FEW BREAKS ON THE LEEWARD SIDE. OAHU HAS OVERCAST CLOUDS OVER 
ALMOST THE WHOLE ISLAND EXCEPT RIGHT ALONG THE COAST LINES OF THE 
NORTH...WEST AND SOUTH SHORES. MOLOKAI HAS BROKEN CLOUDS ACROSS THE 
WHOLE ISLAND. LANAI HAS MOST OF THE INTERIOR COVERED WITH JUST SMALL 
BREAKS ALONG THE COAST LINES. MAUI IS COVERED WITH CLOUDS EXCEPT FOR 
JUST TO THE SOUTH OF HALEAKALA. THE BIG ISLAND HAS OVERCAST CLOUDS 
AROUND THE WHOLE ISLAND WITH SMALL BREAKS ABOVE 9000 FEET.

ELSEWHERE...A FEW HIGH CLOUDS ARE BOUNDED BETWEEN 15N TO 27N AND 
160W TO 178W. THESE ARE DUE TO A WEAK UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE NEAR 
24N179E.

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE IN THE ITCZ...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
ARE BOUNDED BETWEEN 07N TO 10N AND 150W TO 175E. CLOUD TOPS ARE NEAR 
45 KFT.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.