Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 22:56:28 -0500

898 
FZPN01 KWBC 060356
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT NOV 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N147W 972 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM 
NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 900 NM SE...1200 NM SW AND 300 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N143W 980 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE...1200 NM 
SE...720 NM SW AND 900 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT 10 TO 16 FT IN NW QUADRANT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N147W 992 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE...660 NM 
S AND 420 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 63N164W 986 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 120 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 57N143W ABOVE.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N167E 1004 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 179E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N180W 997 MB. FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 
165W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N166W 989 MB. FROM 36N TO 50N BETWEEN 
150W AND 172W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 53N162E MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 42N TO 56N W OF 
170E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N167E 990 MB. FROM 50N TO 60N 
W OF 177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N170E 990 MB. FROM 40N TO 56N W OF 180W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 38N128W 1011 MB DRIFTING NE. WITHIN 420 NM SW AND 240 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 38N128W ABOVE OVER FORECAST WATERS 
SE OF A LINE FROM 50N130W TO 30N135W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SE OF A LINE FROM 39N124W TO 30N133W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 160W AND 176W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 147W AND 
164W. 

.N OF 63N E OF 175W AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.HIGH 32N167W 1025 DRIFTING E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 30N158W 1025 MB DRIFTING E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 40N173W 1021 MB MOVING E 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N159W 1016 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N167E 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT NOV 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN NOV 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON NOV 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 10N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 
92W AND 102W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN PRIMARILY 
NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 12N98W TO 10N104W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 92W AND 105W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 150 NM OF 
LINE 13N97W TO 09N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 
FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 92W AND 106W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.DISSIPATING COLD FRONT 30N126W TO 25N130W. NW OF FRONT N WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 13 FT IN NW SWELL. FROM 14N TO 18N W OF 135W 
NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 
30N118W TO 14N102W TO 00N102W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST W OF LINE 22N128W TO 14N135W NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 3ON118W TO 
14N102W AND S OF 05N W OF 93W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 22N W OF 126W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 30N118W TO 14N102W TO 
00N106W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0230 UTC SAT NOV 06...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...11N86W TO 08N97W TO 10N106W TO 
10N116W TO 12N125W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO ISOLATED 
STRONG FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 103W AND 110W AND FROM 10N TO 11N 
BETWEEN 125W TO 127W. 

$$
FORECASTER PAW

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.