Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 23:45:10 -0500

608 
FZPN40 PHFO 060445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT NOV 06 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC NOV 06 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 07 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC NOV 08 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 21N140W TO 20N155W. NE WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 NM N OF FRONT...AND FROM 23N TO 20N BETWEEN 163W 
AND 155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS.

.COLD FRONT JUST NW OF FCST AREA MOVING E 25 KT. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF 28N W OF 163E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N165E TO 27N160E. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171E TO 26N162E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 26N170E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N175E TO 26N160E MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.24 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 19N TO 10N E OF 150W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 19N TO 10N E OF 156W.

.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 28N175W TO 21N178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 29N176W TO 22N179W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT E OF A LINE FROM 13N160E TO 00N172W...EXCEPT SEAS 8 
FT OR LESS N OF 28N BETWEEN 173E AND 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT E OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 
10N170E TO 00N170W...EXCEPT SEAS 8 FT OR LESS N OF 25N BETWEEN 172W 
AND 145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS MAINLY 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N169W 
TO 30N140W TO 06N140W TO 10N172E TO 30N169W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 18N176W TO 
18N171E TO 12N160E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N145W TO 08N162W TO 08N173W TO 07N168E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 173W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ E OF 173W.

$$
.FORECASTER DWROE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.