Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 00:00:12 -0500

658 
ATHW40 PHFO 060500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT NOV 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC NOVEMBER 06 2010

LOW CLOUDINESS AND SHOWERS ARE PREVALENT ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE THIS 
EARLY EVENING.  CLOUDS AND RAIN ARE CONCENTRATED OVER WINDWARD AND 
MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES...WITH THE BIG ISLAND AND 
EAST MAUI SEEING THE MOST SHOWERY CONDITIONS AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  
EXTENSIVE LOW CLOUDINESS IS ALSO AFFECTING MOST LEEWARD AREAS AS 
WELL...AT LEAST FROM TIME TO TIME.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE 
EAST-NORTHEAST NEAR 20 MPH STATEWIDE.

IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...LOW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS COVER MOST 
OF THE AREA FROM KAUAI TO THE BIG ISLAND.  PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES...ON 
THE OTHER HAND...EXIST SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND AND SOUTHWEST 
CLOCKWISE THROUGH NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AS OF THIS WRITING.  THE 
CLOUDINESS AND RAIN IN THE REGION ARE REMNANTS FROM AN OLD FRONT.  
MOST OF THE BROKEN TO OVERCAST SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS ARE LOCATED FROM 
19N TO 22N BETWEEN 140W AND 160W.

A WEAK UPPER AIR TROUGH FAR WEST AND SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS IS 
GENERATING SCATTERED TO BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS.  THIS CIRRUS CLOUDINESS 
IS CURRENTLY BOUNDED BY 27N170W TO 16N157W TO 14N162W TO 26N177W TO 
27N170W.  ADDITIONALLY...JET STREAM-INDUCED HIGH CLOUDS...ALONG WITH 
HIGH-CLOUD DEBRIS FROM CONVECTION...ARE IN A SWATH THAT EXTENDS FROM 
WEST OF THE DATE LINE TO 19N180 TO 18N175W TO 12.5N168W.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE IGNITING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THE 
ACTIVITY IS FOUND FROM 05.5N TO 10N WEST OF 145W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.