Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 04:43:52 -0500

022 
FZPN01 KWBC 060943
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT NOV 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC NOV 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC NOV 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 54N146W 973 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NE OF A FRONT 
FROM 58N144W TO 54N138W TO 50N134W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 
25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM SE...1080 NM SW AND 360 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N143W 982 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE...1200 NM 
SE...600 NM SW AND 900 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT...EXCEPT 10 TO 16 FT IN NW QUADRANT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N146W 995 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N...360 NM S 
AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 37N169E 1004 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FROM 30N TO 40N W OF 175W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N175W 991 MB. FROM 35N TO 48N BETWEEN 
160W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N160W 988 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 40N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 170W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 63N164W 989 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 57N143W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 54N165E MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 40N TO 56N W OF 
175E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 56N167E 991 MB. FROM 43N TO 53N 
W OF 168E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 51N 
TO 60N W OF 173W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N172E 991 MB. FROM 42N TO 56N W OF 180W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 39N127W 1011 MB DRIFTING NE. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 39N127W ABOVE OVER FORECAST WATERS 
SE OF A LINE FROM 49N127W TO 30N135W WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SE OF A LINE FROM 39N124W TO 30N130W WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 156W AND 174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 45N BETWEEN 144W AND 
162W. 

.N OF 63N E OF 174W AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 30N154W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N145W 1030 MB.

.HIGH 41N171W 1021 MB MOVING E 35 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N159W 1016 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N170E 1023 MB. 

.FORECASTER HOLLEY. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT NOV 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN NOV 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON NOV 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N98W N TO NE WINDS 30 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N99W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 13N97W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N98W TO 10N102W NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N 
BETWEEN 92W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN 
PRIMARILY NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N99W TO 11N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 17N BETWEEN 91W AND 113W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 13N97W TO 11N106W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 16N BETWEEN 90W AND 113W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.FROM 13N TO 26N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 12 FT 
IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 
27N115W TO 16N103W TO 00N103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 24N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. ELSEWHERE 
W OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 25N W OF 127W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. ELSEWHERE W 
OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 

.06 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT NOV 06...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...10N86W TO 07.5N98W TO 11N123W 
TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM N OF AXIS BETWEEN 
102W AND 106W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 
130W AND 133W.

$$
FORECASTER AL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.