Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 07:00:08 -0500

144 
ATHW40 PHFO 061200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SAT NOV 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC NOVEMBER 06 2010

LOW CLOUD CEILINGS...MANY WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...ARE CONCENTRATED 
OVER WINDWARD AND MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES...AS WAS 
THE CASE LAST EVENING.  THE BIG ISLAND...MAUI...AND OAHU ARE SEEING 
THE MOST CLOUDINESS AND PRECIPITATION AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  BROKEN 
TO OCCASIONALLY OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS...SOME WITH ACCOMPANYING 
SHOWERS...ARE ALSO AFFECTING LEEWARD AREAS OF EACH ISLE...AT LEAST 
OCCASIONALLY.  LOW LEVEL WIND FLOW IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST- 
NORTHEAST AT 20 TO 25 MPH STATEWIDE THIS EARLY MORNING.

SHOWERY LOW CLOUDINESS IS BROKEN TO OCCASIONALLY SCATTERED IN THE 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.  AT THE MOMENT...AREAS WITH THE MOST 
CLOUDINESS INCLUDE THOSE NORTH OF OAHU AND MAUI COUNTY...EAST AND 
WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF OAHU.  AREAS 
WITH THE LEAST AMOUNT OF CLOUDS ARE LOCATED EAST...AND IMMEDIATELY 
SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST...OF MAUI...THE KAUAI CHANNEL...AND SOUTH 
CLOCKWISE THROUGH WEST OF KAUAI.  THE SHOWER-BEARING CLOUDS IN THE 
REGION ARE REMNANTS FROM AN OLD FRONT.  MOST OF THIS CLOUDINESS IS 
NOW FOUND FROM 19N TO 21.5N BETWEEN 140W AND 161W.

WEAK UPPER AIR TROUGHING FAR WEST AND SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS 
CONTINUES TO GENERATE SCATTERED TO BROKEN CIRRUS CLOUDINESS.  MOST 
OF THESE HIGH CLOUDS ARE CURRENTLY BOUNDED BY 27N164W TO 17N166W TO 
25N176W TO 27N173W TO 27N164W.  MORE HIGH CLOUDS EXIST WEST OF A 
LINE FROM 22N173W TO 10N178W.

CONVECTION ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF 
HAWAII HAS INTENSIFIED OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS...THOUGH IT 
REMAINS UNORGANIZED.  MOST THE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING 
FROM 05.5N TO 09.5N WEST OF 144W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.