Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 09:18:07 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 060600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/060600Z-070600ZNOV2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 19.0N 121.7E,
APPROXIMATELY 235 NM SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF KAOHSIUNG, TAIWAN. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS A DEVELOPING LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) ASSOCIATED WITH INCREASED CONVECTION. A 061141Z SSMIS
MICROWAVE IMAGE DEPICTS CURVED LOW LEVEL INFLOW. ENVIRONMENTAL
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE LLCC IS LOCATED IN AN AREA OF MODERATE TO
HIGH VERTICAL WIND SHEAR (VWS) AND DIVERGENCE ALOFT. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1009 MB. BECAUSE THE SYSTEM
IS LOCATED IN AN AREA OF UNFAVORABLE VWS AND IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE
TRACKING INTO AN AREA OF INCREASING VWS, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) AS POOR.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.