Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 10:39:08 -0500

399 
FZPN01 KWBC 061538
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT NOV 06 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC NOV 06. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 07. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC NOV 08. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 55N144W 975 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE OF A FRONT 
FROM 59N147W TO 55N135W TO 50N132W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM S AND SW AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N143W 983 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE...960 NM 
SE...AND 600 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT...EXCEPT 10 TO 16 FT IN NW QUADRANT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N144W 998 MB. FROM 54N TO 60N BETWEEN 
141W AND 153W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 38N173E 1000 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. FROM 31N TO 42N BETWEEN 
172W AND 168E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N169W 990 MB. FROM 35N TO 48N BETWEEN 
156W AND 176W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N154W 989 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
40N TO 52N BETWEEN 140W AND 166W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 63N165W 991 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER ICE FREE FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 240 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 58N143W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 55N168E 992 MB MOVING N 05 KT. FROM 49N TO 57N W 
OF 177E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N168E 991 MB. FROM 42N TO 52N 
W OF 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF A 
LINE FROM 52N173E TO 59N176W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N173E 993 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS AND 180 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 55N172W TO 48N178E WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 39N126W 1012 MB DRIFTING E. WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 42N168E 1005 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 32N TO 44N W OF 168E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N179E 1007 MB. FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 
180W AND 173E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 155W AND 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
45N145W TO 37N162W. 

.N OF 63N E OF 174W AREAS OF LIGHT FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.HIGH 31N154W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N145W 1029 MB. 

.HIGH 41N166W 1022 MB MOVING E 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.  

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N170E 1024 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 43N170W 1024 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT NOV 06.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN NOV 07.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON NOV 08.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 
12N98W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 13N97W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W TO 12N98W TO 11N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 92W AND 
105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN PRIMARILY NE 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 11N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 105W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W TO 12N103W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 105W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. 

.FROM 15N TO 25N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 11 TO 12 FT IN 
NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 115W AND S OF 15N BETWEEN 105W AND 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 23N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 115W AND S OF 15N BETWEEN 
105W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 25N W OF 127W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF 115W AND S OF 15N BETWEEN 
105W AND 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 90W...INCLUDING THE GULF OF PAPAGAYO NE TO 
E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W...INCLUDING THE GULF 
OF PAPAGAYO NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SAT NOV 06...

INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...10N86W TO 08N100W TO 11N125W TO 
07N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
FORECASTER DGS

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.